Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filing cases for rape and infidelity.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Filing cases for rape and infidelity. on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:08 pm


Arresto Menor
Dear Sir/Madam,

My family plans to file a case against the relatives of my uncle's wife who raped my sister. She was only a minor at that time and it happened 4 years ago.

We didn't know why she started to rebel and become very emotional until we found out a few days ago and that the crime happened during a vacation at my uncle's wife's hometown. Her relatives (we're not sure if it's also the whole family) actually knew about it and even told my sister not to tell. Right after that she was sent home right away. The rapists left their hometown and we don't know where they are. But for sure the family knows where those monsters are. Now she's suffering psychologically because of that.

We gave so much trust in that woman that she'll never let anything bad happen to her own niece (even if it's only through marriage). We are very upset about it and me and my parents were crying that day until now. Her life was ruined and her innocence was taken away just like that.

Could we still file a case against the rapists and the family who condoned the act and even allowed the rapists to escape since it happened 4 years ago?

Also, the woman is cheating on my uncle. Her friends and some of my relatives are very well aware of that. And we pity my uncle who is oblivious about it since he is working the whole time to support his family. Could we also file a case against her because of infidelity?

Thank you very much.

View user profile

2 Re: Filing cases for rape and infidelity. on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:33 am


i recommend you go to the PNP or the NBI women's desk to file a complaint. make sure the victim is able to prepare a written account of what happened. of course, support her emotionally.

4 years is a long time, but not too late. the only evidence you have is the testimony of the victim, but that can be sufficient if she is credible and clear.

as for the peripheral issues of the aunt, i recommend you deal with that separately. it might affect the credibility of the rape charge. focus on the perpetrators.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum