Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help!!Can the father change his child's surname without mother's consent?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi atty,

I have a student in sunday school who bears her mother's surname. Her father wants to change her surname per RA9255 using the AUSF. Been browsing about the requirements, and one of it is the mother's consent. The child's mother left them since she was 7 years old and went with another man. The child is only 12 years old. Can they still apply for AUSF even without the mother's consent?

Her father is only a painter, so they asked for my help on how to go about this concern.

Would appreciate your help po.

View user profile


if the mother will refuse to give her consent, then the proper remedy is to file a petition in court for acknowledgment of the child.he should also be ready to provide support.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile


Arresto Menor
thank you so much po for your reply.. Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum