Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employee on Floating Status

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Employee on Floating Status on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:47 pm

zion319

Arresto Menor
We have a regular employee (sales staff) who was put on a floating status due to his new work location. So he requested to be put on a floating status and be placed to a branch near his home (he have an appointment letter stating that he is on floating status for 6 months). We have offered him a new work location (twice) but not on his requested area since there is no opening, but then he turned down said offer twice. Any suggestion on what is the legal thing to do with him?

View user profile

2 Re: Employee on Floating Status on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:27 pm

attyLLL

assuming these places are accessible, then you should inform him that you are assigning him, not offering the assignment, and that the floating status is lifted.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Employee on Floating Status on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:48 am

zion319

Arresto Menor
attyLLL wrote:assuming these places are accessible, then you should inform him that you are assigning him, not offering the assignment, and that the floating status is lifted.

What if he turned down the said offer again and insist that he will just wait until the validity of his floating status which is on August of this year?

View user profile

4 Re: Employee on Floating Status on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:09 am

attyLLL

it should be a directive not an offer. a transfer, not an offered re-assignment. if he refuses, it will be insubordination.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Employee on Floating Status on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:20 pm

zion319

Arresto Menor
Noted. Thank you very much Atty.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum