Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final Pay release for a voluntary separated employee?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chopsuey8

Arresto Menor
Hi Atty,

I would like to seek your assistance in regards with my situation.

I resigned from a well known international bank Last April 17, 2012. Before that, I gave them 32 days of notice before my last day also, so, they also put a hold on my salary for April 1-17, (My last salary was on March 30).

Now, they provided me a check on June 8, however, I find it too small for me since April has a lot of holidays on it and the check only consist of my work salary from April 1-15 only instead of up to 17th.

Now, I still haven't got any response from them or at least any feedback on the status of it. I'm really frustrated with what's happening here and I really need that money to pay some dues.

My question is, is there a law that says on how many days should a voluntary separated employee get his "final pay"?

View user profile

attyLLL

you are entitled to be paid for the days that you actually worked or entitled to leave

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

chopsuey8

Arresto Menor
attyLLL wrote:you are entitled to be paid for the days that you actually worked or entitled to leave

Yes attorney, tama ka dun! Kaso, is there a Law that says on how many days you should get this money from the day that you were separated from the company?

Maraming salamat po!

View user profile

attyLLL

unfortunately, there is no law or rule on this, afaik. so the standard is a 'reasonable' time which most companies have applied as 60 days

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

papasilo

Arresto Menor
This topic is what im really looking for.

Hi Attorney,

Since that there is no rule regarding with the number of days on when can you get your final pay. How about if we actually agreed to a certain condition to finish some pending issue before my employer will gave my salary. Which I actually did and even the customer confirmed that the issue is fix but still my employer put a hold with salary.

And even now when I try to follow-up regarding with my salary. He just keep saying that he is busy or he told me that the customer might call again for follow up concerns.

Glad to find a forums just like this.

More power!

View user profile

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua
do you have that agreement in writing?

View user profile

attyLLL

papa, in that case, i believe the proper remedy will be to file a complaint at nlrc.

View user profile

papasilo

Arresto Menor
@Patok,

Wala po but we are exchanging emails together with customer that I supported.

@attorney

Okay po.. I'll try to contact him again po today because its already a week, still no confirmation from him that I can claim my salary.

Thank you po.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum