Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

1 person, 2 birth certificate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 1 person, 2 birth certificate on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:54 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi everyone,

I've got a big problem, just call me J and I have been residing in the UK for 7 years now. I've got 2 kids here and 2 kids back home.

In year 2001, I met the father of my 2 kids in the Phils whilst working and we both fell in love and had 2 kids and got married. I didn't know at the time he was previously married so when I found out, I immediately ceased all contact and communication with him.

After 2 years of no communication, the company where I previously worked with decided to send me in the UK and I met my 2nd husband. I went back to the Phils so I can sort out my paper works to come and live in the UK.

Because I wanted to include my 2 other kids in the Philippines on my visa application, I was advised that the Embassy would not allow my kids to come and live with me as they would ask the whereabouts of the father so I decided to leave it as I do not know the whereabouts of their father. Whilst my search was on-going I applied for my void marriage to be annulled and after a lengthy process, I got it in the end. I stupidly listened to this fixer who applied for another late registration of the birth certificate of my daughter to remove the name of the father and his surname as when I gave birth to her, my ex-husband and I was already married. So in short new name, new date of birth and new town of birth. She now has got 2 birth certificate. It's been 6 years now since I left them to my mum in the Philippines. I made that stupid and silly mistake, I would like to come clean and sort it out as I made stupid stupid mistake. What steps do I have to take and who do I talk to? I would like to get them now so they can live with me. Any advice would be really appreciated. Sad


View user profile

2 Re: 1 person, 2 birth certificate on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:30 am


Reclusion Temporal
Your marriage has been annulled all you have to do is write down the details on your application. It is not true that they ask what are your ex whereabouts they don't get involve with this. If you want to avoid complications use the first birth certificate as you can back it up with your annulment papers.

The UK boarder is mainly concern if you get involve with sham marriage which typically occurs when a non-European national marries someone from the European Economic Area (EEA), including the UK, as a means of circumventing immigration rules and attempting to gain long-term residency and the right to work and claim benefits.
So long as your second marriage is for real and not just for visa purposes then they will not question you.
This also depend how long you've been married to your British husband, if longer than 5 years there won't be any fuss but if it is less or new like 2 years only and you are applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain it may take time and they will be more thourough with your application.
As when ILR has been granted you and your children will be entitled for government fund.

Last edited by mdventura on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)

View user profile

3 Re: 1 person, 2 birth certificate on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:17 am


i agree, just use the first birth certificate.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: 1 person, 2 birth certificate on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:07 pm


Arresto Menor
Hello po!My boyfriend has the same problem din po but medyo complicated. Me and him are planning to get married na next year kaya gusto ko sana maayos yung papers nya kasi after our marriage pwede ko syang dalhin sa Japan but ang problema may dalawang birth certificate sya.

1)Ang isang BC nya tama lahat from his mom's name,father's name and place of birth. Ang name nya dun dala nya ang apelyido ng father nya which is Palapo but di po married parents nya.

2)Yung pangalawa ay late registration yata kasi parang nakialan grandparents nya because they want him na dalhin nya apelyido ng mama nya which is Manzano. Kaya ang nakalagay na parents nya sa bagong BC ay yung grandparents nya, parang lumalabas na kapatid nya yung mama nya at lahat ng mga documents nya yun ang BC ang gamit nya.

Pano po ba namin ikocorrect to?Kasi if gamitin nya yung BC nya ngayon baka iquestion sya ng immigration kasi nung ipinanganak sya 54 y.o na yung lola nya baka di maniwala atsaka gusto din namin na talagang iayos na para naman sa kasal namin di na kami magkaproblema.

Pls help po..

View user profile

5 Re: 1 person, 2 birth certificate on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 am


Reclusion Perpetua
meron namang babaeng nanganganak pa ng hanggang 55 pa nga eh! menopause baby! ang tawag dun at ano naman ang paki alam nila kung matanda na ang edad ng nanay nya sa birth certificate kung yun ang family name na ginagamit nya sa lahat ng documents nya? mas mabuti pang sundin ang mas madalas nyang gamitin!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum