Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I would like to ask about acknowledgment process.I checked the NSO website but it only says there the process for illegitimate child and I dont know if it is applicable on my situation.My parents were married even before I was born but my mother didnt name me after my father who happened to be working out of town. I was born on nov 1992 and on 1993 or 1994 , my dad filed for the nullity of their marriage and had it void around 1995. Since 1992, I was using my mom's surname and now, my dad would like to name me after him but since i am turning 20 and many records (Such as in school) has to be changed, he is just thinking of acknowledgement on my birth certificate. ?

when i asked a lawyer, she told me that my legitimacy depends on the ground for the nullity of my parents marriage. If the ground was psychological incapacity, I am legitimate and therefor my father cant just sign at the back for my acknowledgment. and only if the ground was for other reason, thats the only time my dad can sign for my acknowledgment. I am still not sure what action should i take so pls help me.

what are the things we will be needing for acknowledgement process without changing my surname ? and if i will change my surname what are the requirements we need to pass

View user profile


you got good advise. i recommend that your first step should be to determine what ground your father used to annul his marriage.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum