Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Incorrect Birth date on Marriage contract

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Incorrect Birth date on Marriage contract on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:36 am


Arresto Menor

I am working here in Singapore for almost 5 years.

Way back 2002, in the Philippines, I accidentally disgraced my ex girl. So fearing the parents, we got married in a very young age for the sake of the child.
But we never live together as a family after the wedding. I got no job, am still studying that time.. Then the girl, went abroad and live there to earn more. Until now she still abroad.

Eversince the child's birth, i never give support as I don't have anything before.

We have no communication already for almost 8 years.

This marriage actually have facts as follows:
1. The birth date I used in the marriage which is December 13 1983 is different from the actual birth date stated in my birth certificate which is December 25,1982.
2. So when I checked with NSO using my true birthdate December 25, I am still single.
3. We are 3rd degree relatives

Now, I want to invalidate our marriage because I found the right woman whom i can trust my life with.

I have lots of questions which I request you to answer:
1. Is my first marriage legally VALID?
2. I believe my marriage is NULL & VOID at the very start. please confirm this
3. What process should i take : Annulment or petition to declare null and void the marriage?
4. Is my ex wife's signature require for any process applicable?

I want to clear this things out before December this year. How long the process is and how much you normally is the charge.

Appreciate your feedback soon.

View user profile

2 Re: Incorrect Birth date on Marriage contract on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 am


i recommend you engage a lawyer to review your entire marital history. from what you've posted here, i don't see a basis to declare your marriage void.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum