Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help... what should I do??

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Please help... what should I do?? on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am

angeles

Arresto Menor
Good day sir/madam! I just want to know your opinion about my problem.
I was married 7 years ago, but we separated a year after our marriage. Now we both have our own lives and family.

For almost 6 years, my husband was not giving any financial support to our son and he's not even visiting our son. At first it was fine with me and my family because my son was not yet asking about his dad, but now he's aware that his father's not around.

Two months ago I tried to contact his dad by calling him in the office [my friend helped me to find the local number of his office]. My son and his father were able to talk with each other. His dad gave his mobile number. They were able to go out once, but it did not happen again because his father was already hiding. I tried calling his mobile phone, but it was unattended, my son kept on calling him in the office, but same response was given to my son that his dad was not around.

I already asked some help from PAO, but they refused to because of my situation. As I said, both of us have our own family and he might file adultery against me. I really don't know what to do. I'm not doing this because he already has a new family, but it's because of my son's right and he has an obligation to our son.

Sir/Madam, what sould I do? Should I fight for my son's right or should I stop because he might file a complain against me? Question Question Question

View user profile

2 Re: Please help... what should I do?? on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 am

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua
Hi angeles.

If you know the present address of your husband, you may write him a demand letter for your child's support. If he still does not give support, you may file a civil case for support, or a criminal case of violation of RA9262.

There is a chance that he might file a case of adultery against you; but if you say that he already has a family of his own, then you may also file a case of concubinage against him. But take note that although you have a counter-charge against him, it may not be used as a defense to the adultery case that he might possibly charge against you.

For more free legal information about Family Laws, please visit www.domingo-law.com

View user profile http://www.domingo-law.com

3 Re: Please help... what should I do?? on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:11 pm

angeles

Arresto Menor
Thanks "attyjoyce" for your help.

Can I also send a demand letter in his office through HR?
How much will it cost if I would file a civil case against him?
*I don't think I can't afford it, though I'm working. My monthly income is just right for my kids. Also, PAO doesn't want to help me coz according to them I'm not qualified because I'm still working. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

4 Re: Please help... what should I do?? on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:34 pm

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua
angeles wrote:Thanks "attyjoyce" for your help.

Can I also send a demand letter in his office through HR?
How much will it cost if I would file a civil case against him?
*I don't think I can't afford it, though I'm working. My monthly income is just right for my kids. Also, PAO doesn't want to help me coz according to them I'm not qualified because I'm still working. Rolling Eyes

Yes, you can send him a demand letter through HR department, but you have to make sure that the letter will be given to him.

Expenses vary depending on the fee of the lawyer whose services you will engage.

View user profile http://www.domingo-law.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum