Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Separation Pay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Separation Pay on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:46 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day,

I am an employee of a private company for 8 years and 11 months. I decided to voluntarily resign last April 2012 but I only received back pay and tax refund.

I just want to know if my Length of Stay in the company deserves for a separation pay? As far as I know, only 10 years employee are entitled to claim a separation pay even if voluntarily resigned.

Please give me feedback on the above matter.

Thank you,


View user profile

2 Re: Separation Pay on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 pm


Prision Correccional
Hi, only on the following cases that an employee can claim for separation pay: (a)existing company policy on separation pay, (b)There is an agreement in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (c) separation was due to redundancy, retrenchment, or closure (d) separation was due to health condition, and (e) separation was due to compulsory retirement. In your case, try to check the company policy or CBA to determine if you are entitle to separation pay.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum