Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child to use surname of biological father

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 child to use surname of biological father on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:58 am


Arresto Menor
hi po...just want to ask regarding my problem with the biological father of my eldest daughter. he said he will file a petition to change the surname of my it possible for him to do that with in fact during my pregnancy he did not acknowledge at di nya ako pinakasalan in short somebody did the responsibilty that he cant do.kasal po ako sa iba at ang apelyido na gamit ng anak ko ay sa taong umako ng responsibidad...but after 3 years nagkahiwalay din kami ngayon 16 years na ang anak ko at nagpaparamdam ang biological father na ito na kunin ang anak ko at palitan ang possibilidad ba na magawa nya? paano kung hindi ako papayag? ano ang mga karapatan ko para protektahan ang psychological effect sa anak totoong lang wala akong balak na ipakilala sya sa anak ko...nalaman lang kasi nya na mag college na maganda at pakikinabangan nya kung makatapos ito kaya gumagawa sya ng paraan..please help me...thanks.

View user profile

2 Re: child to use surname of biological father on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:32 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
Hi krishan812.

Your daughter is an illegitimate child, and according to the law you, as the mother, have the sole parental authority over her. The father may acknowledge the child, but he cannot take the child away from you.

For more free legal information about Family Laws, please visit

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum