Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

complicated marriage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 complicated marriage on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:27 pm

political _animal

Arresto Menor
Good day!

My name is tom, male,28 yrs old, single.

I am planning to get married on December this year, everything is until when I learned about this problem.

I had a relationship before, it was 5 yrs ago and I had a son with my ex gf. We never been together as husband and wife until we broke up 4 years ago and now I continuosly giving support for my son.

My fiancee is a different girl from the one I had chil.
Now the problem is when I am arranging all requirements for my wedding I learned that I have been married based on the records from the civil registrar of Pillia, Rizal and same appears on NSO records wherein the registered spouse is happened to be my ex girlfriend. For the record of this statement I never marry her. So I confronted her and she confessed that It is his father who register this marriage, because of his connection to the municipality personnels he made a tampered documents.
I see the document and I know this is different signature from mine and the handwriting is different too.

His father threatened me that If I will pursue my marriage he will file a case against me on the ground of bigamy.

My questions are:
1. If I will continue my marriage Can i be held criminally liable on bigamy? Will it prosper?
2. What are the necessary actions can you advice to fix this problem.
3. Do I really have to wait for judicial declaration of nullity before I pursue my marriage?

My first marriage is totally, absolutely, definitely void ab initio, but I am afraid what will happen to me if I face a bigamy case.


View user profile

2 Re: complicated marriage on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:52 pm


Arresto Menor
you can be held liable for bigamy, and yes it will prosper if you will contract your marriage before having a judicial declaration of nullity. declaration of nullity of marriage is required before contracting a subsequent marriage, have to file a petition in court for that matter. and you can also file a case against the father of your ex- girlfriend... but there was a case decided by the supreme court, just cant remember the title, the SC declared that a judicial declaration of nullity is not necessary if there was really no marriage ceremony that took place. moreso in your case, you did not take part in registring your marriage. i advice you to get a lawyer for that matter. Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum