Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

changing surname from mine to his

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 changing surname from mine to his on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:37 am


Arresto Menor
I'm currently pregnant & since my bf and I are not married. My parents are planning to use my surname for the baby instead of his.

- Is it easy to change the surname of my baby from mine to his; if ever we get married?

-Would it be easier to change later on if I let him sign the acknowledgement in the BC?

- Is it still possible to use my surname if he signed the acknowledgement in the BC?

-What are the procedures needed for changing surname from mine to his?

Thank you in advance.

View user profile

2 Re: changing surname from mine to his on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:10 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
It will be easy changing your child's surname from yours to his. The procedure is called Legitimation by Subsequent Marriage.

Better if you can have him sign the acknowledgment in the BC. It becomes additional evidence of his paternity.

Yes you can still have your baby use your surname even if he signs the acknowledgment of paternity in the BC. So long as

For legitimation, you have to submit documents to the Local Civil Registry where your child's birth is registered. The documents include the CENOMAR, marriage certificate, birth certificate of the child, IDs of the parents, and a joint afffidavit of legitimation signed by yourself and your baby's father. An interview will also be conducted by the LCRO before your baby's records are sent to the NSO for annotation.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum