Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegitimate to Legitimate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Illegitimate to Legitimate on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:24 pm


Arresto Menor
Meron po akong 10 month old baby. hindi pa kami kasal ni misis pero soon we will be getting married.

What are the steps para maging Legitimate po siya after namin ikasal? Thanks!

View user profile

2 Re: Illegitimate to Legitimate on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 am


Reclusion Perpetua
Visit the Local Civil Registry Office of the City/Municipality where your child's birth is registered. Mention that you want your child legitimated and they will give you the list of requirements that you need to submit. Some of these include the CENOMAR of the parents, the marriage certificate, the birth certificate of the child, government ID of the parents, and a joint affidavit of legitimation. Usually, the parents are scheduled for an interview. When all documents are submitted and an interview is conducted, the LCRO will forward the case to the NSO for record annotation.

View user profile

3 Re: Illegitimate to Legitimate on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:14 pm


Arresto Menor
If you and the mother have no legal impediment to contract marriage or if the only legal impediment is minority, legitimation automatically takes place by operation of law after the marriage.

Registration is for recording and evidentiary purposes only.

View user profile

4 Re: Illegitimate to Legitimate on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:18 pm

if you just need the surname under you, libre yan, may batas jan si sen ramon revilla ang author, all you need is go to your local civil registry.

kung ang habol mo benefits ng anak mo, after nung civil registry, pwede mo ng ibigay sa office mo, sa ss, at kung saan saan pa ang birt cert nya kas i sya ay legal dependent mo na.

idk bkt mo sya tinatawag na illegitimate child, kawawa yung bata, hindi na uso yan. same rights na ngayon ang anak ng kasal at anak sa labas.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum