filing is free in 2 easy steps:
1. goto women's desk sa munisipyo, bring the victim, and the parent(s) (nasa musipyo lang to)
2. go to prosecutors's office (sya ang fiscal, prosecutor, and at the same time lawyer mo)
waiting time: depende sa city kung matao at madaming kriminal
1. 3rd-6th mos to wait for the preliminary hearing (maghaharap sila) ok lang kahit hundi pumunta suspek, na waive nya lang right nya, pero the victim should be there
2. 7th-9th mos resolution time
3. 12th mos (yes 1 yr), aakyat ang kaso sa RTC (kung may basehan ang prosecutor)
4. 15th mos onwards, court hearing
what to expect
Dana143 wrote:A friend of mine was forced to have sex with her live in partner. He is also physically abusing her and calling her degrading names. They are no longer together since he inflicted physical harm on her while she is pregnant which almost caused her a miscarriage. She's wondering if she go to a lawyer and file a rape case how long would it take for the lawsuit to reach the prosecutor? Is he going to be arrested? How long after the prosecutor reads the affidavit of complain will the warrant of arrest be given?
Also, my friend doesn't have medico legal for her genital to prove the rape but she has medico legal for the bruises in her wrist and arms which were inflicted while he was forcing her. My friend went to the hospital a couple of days after the last incident so she only got medico legal for those. she was also diagnosed with Schizophrenia before and the guy was well aware of this. Will this affect the case in a negative way?
Thank you so much in advance for responding.