Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Philippines Citizenship of child born in the US with a Philippines Citizen mother and a US Citizen father: Process and fees

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
i have a question, I know that under the principle of jus sanguinis which the Philippines has,which means that those who were born of Filipino fathers or mothers are considered citizens of the Philippines. If a baby is born here in the US, with a USC father and Philippines Citizen mother, by virtue of the doctrine of jus soli ( here in the US ) the baby is likewas a US citizen. There is no need to for the to child recognized as a Philippine citizen because the constitution itself grants im/her the Philippines Citizenship through jus sanguinis. So my question now is, how will the Child get a recognition of his Philippines Citizenship? Anybody knows he process and so as the fees to include? - Thank you everyone!

View user profile


inquire at the philippine consulate how you will report the birth.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum