Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attempted Murder Case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Attempted Murder Case on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:12 pm


Arresto Menor
Atty. please advise me what to do..

My brother was stabbed on his left face by a neighbour two weeks ago. He was sleeping outside his friend's house and he was stabbed early morning and no one had seen the actual incident but there were people who heard the commotion. The accused left the scene and my brother was brought to the hospital and was in ICU for a few hours. Early morning, the accused surrendered to the municipal hall and he was jailed. While my family was busy in the hospital my other brother filed a case but they were not able to find any witness but we still filed the case since he voluntarily surrendered. I talked to the investigator over the phone and he told me everything would be fine. After a week the accused was brought to the provincial jail and after two weeks we did not hear anything about the case. On the other hand my brother underwent facial surgeries and we spent money for it. When my brother got out from the hospital we were surprised to hear that the case was dismissed due to insufficient evidence. I was really shocked and I called the Public Attorney's office PAO in Surigao City to ask for an assistance since my brother could not afford to hire a lawyer and I was told that PAO helps only the accused. We were told to go to the provincial Hall of Justice and asked to see the prosecutor but we were advised to file again the case.
I am really sad about this since my sister-in-law who is processing everything does not know anything some legal issues. I am not really sure how could I help them since I have no idea as well. Now we are left with no knowledge at all what to do. I have a few questions to ask. Some are too general.
1. What can we do to continue the case?
2. Is it possible to file a case without any witness since the accused surrendered?
3. Can we use the medical certificate as evidence?
4. Is it possible for us to seek for an assistance from the Public Attorney's office PAO in Surigao?
5. If we seek for assistance, to whom shall we go to?
6. is there a possibility that the accused will be responsible for the damaged he made?
My brother's left eye was removed, his two left fingers were cut and his face was totally destroyed. We are totally devastated and one more thing most people are very uncooperative. My family feels a bit hopeless about the case, the fact that my brother does not have enough budget for this case to go on. I hope you can advise and help us with this.


Last edited by franzdum on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Attempted Murder Case on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 pm


if your brother can identify the stabber, then your remedy is to file a complaint affidavit at the prosecutor's office and undergo preliminary investigation.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Attempted Murder Case on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:05 pm


Arresto Menor
yeah, he identified the accused.. so we can file a case against the accused. Thanks

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum