Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment advise please

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Annulment advise please on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 am

kernelpatch

Arresto Menor
Good Day people.

I would like to kindly ask for a legal advise on my marriage. I am a single mom.

I got married when I was 18 w/o parents consent,I am now 24 years old, I know that I can file an annulment case before I reach 26.

I did not apply for a marriage license, everything was taken care of by my then bf. I assume the marriage cert was obtained through the help of "fixers" and our license was registered in San Juan.

I obtained a falsified parent consent and advise when I requested the submitted documents in San Juan.

Will these documents help in nullifying my marriage?

Last edited by kernelpatch on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo Err)

View user profile

2 Re: Annulment advise please on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 pm

attyLLL

yes, but only if they can be proven to be fake. note you also have to prove you did not live together after reaching 21 years old.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Annulment advise please on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:28 am

kernelpatch

Arresto Menor
Will proving the signature on the documents as forged be enough?

Also one of the documents they gave me had a received date of 2012, which obviously suggests that they just printed this document this year.

View user profile

4 Re: Annulment advise please on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 pm

attyLLL

as i said, you also have to prove that you did not live together after reaching the age of 21. if you did, you cannot use this ground.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Annulment advise please on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 am

kernelpatch

Arresto Menor
Thanks Atty. Yes, we did not live together when I reached 21, I had to leave him when I was 20 due to his irresponsibility and alcoholism.

If I am to use this ground for the annulment, do I have a great chance of getting my marriage annulled?

I was told that my ground is unusual and chances are my marriage may not be annulled just because of these faked documents.

View user profile

6 Re: Annulment advise please on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:03 pm

attyLLL

what i would recommend is that, in addition to your parents, there is an expert who will testify that the signatures on the parental consent were forged. i would then think that you have given it the best chance to prosper.

View user profile

7 Re: Annulment advise please on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:27 pm

kernelpatch

Arresto Menor
Thanks attyLLL. You've been a BIG help.

View user profile

8 Re: Annulment advise please on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:13 pm

attyLLL

your welcome, in the similar case i'm handling, it's tedious putting the evidence together but with the expert, the court will be more likely to grant the petition

View user profile

9 Re: Annulment advise please Today at 8:16 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum