Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can the government get my GrandMa's property even if we are updated in paying the tax?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
My grandmother(deceased) has acquired a lot in Negros Oriental from his father(deceased), My aunt and uncles are the one who managed the said property. Last week, as the monsoon strikes Manile my Aunt called my Mom to tell us that a government agency are asking them to give a portion of the land to them so that they can give it to other less fortunate. The family members DO NOT WANT to sell or give the land. We have the LAND TITLE and the tax receipts. They will have another negotiation next week, what shall we do if the agency still insist of getting my grandma's land? PLEASE HELP.

View user profile


Prision Mayor
The governments have the rights to buy a lot to anyone if the lot will be used for public

View user profile


Prision Correccional
Just compensation.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua

if the government will insist on taking over your property , you have various options.dont surrender that easily because almost always, government's just compensation is never just. they willjust pay you around 10% of the actual market value of the property because their basis for just compensation is the bir's zonal value , a value determined by the bir people to be just during the taxable year 2002 or 2004, or the fair market value as determined by the assessors office ( a value which is very much lower than the bir zonal value circa 2002), whichever is higher. so kung nakuha ang property mo today, june 2014, ang value ibabayad nila is iyong value pa noong 2002 or iyong sa tax declaration amount ng assessor kung itong sa assessor is much higher than the zonal value. so imagine mo, kaliit niyan.

so ang mabuting gawin is hire ka ng lawyer na me alam sa UDHA law (kung nasa city limits ang lupa niyo kasi sabi mo sa manila ka). ibig sabihin, bago nila makuha ang lupa mo for socialized housing, dapat priority for socialized housing is yong mga lupa na government owned, o kaya iyong lupa na kasalukuyang tinatayoan ng mga squatters or iyong mga tao na ibabahay nila ng dahil sa typhoon na iyan. kung clean ang property mo of squatters, wag ka mag give up that easily.
kasi ang sa kanila, if papayag ka, gagawin nila iyan. if di ka papayag, mahihirapan iyan sila. although ultimately, me primordial at supremacyof right ang government na mag expropriate ng property sa kanyang subject kung kinakailangan. pero ang tanong, kailangan ba talaga na unahin ang property mo over the other properties ng ibang tao? so iyon. dapat sundin nila ang UDHA law bago nila mapilit kunin ang property mo.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum