Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 children, different fathers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2 children, different fathers on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:00 am


Arresto Menor
Hi, i'm a mother of two and both are from different fathers. I have been thinking a lot about my situation lately since it has been very hard for me. Firstly, when i gave birth to my eldest i registered my child under my surname and did not provide any of the father's information. When i tried to get a passport for my eldest, upon online registration i was asked for some information that were not in my child's birth certificate (middle name, father's info). I'm thinking that we might get the same problem in the future for other documents or IDs. Secondly, my youngest is carrying my boyfriend's surname. What if i want my child to use my surname instead and not use my boyfriend's? Lastly, me and my boyfriend broke up recently and I would like to have assurance that he would support our child. Is there any law or document i can use to ensure his support? And i would like to know if there's any law stating that he also has an obligation on me, if he has to support me in some ways too?

View user profile

2 Re: 2 children, different fathers on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:23 pm


no child should be denied a passport if no father is listed on the birth certificate.

your second child should use the name on his birth certificate else you are creating a big headache for the future. he is entitled to support from his father, but you are not.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum