Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

settlement, in lieu of the costly annulment process.. please help..

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor
I am separated from my spouse who fathered my little boys, 2 & 6 years old, for reasons of irreconcilable differences, his habitual alcoholism & irresponsibility. From consultations i have made with local lawyers here, i have learned how costly, not to mention the time, it is gonna take for an annulment to be finalized. Without even an assurance that it will prosper. Sad

At this point, all i wanted is for us to get on with our respective lives, in the absence of an annulment. This is also what he wanted. Thinking about how much it will cost me for an annulment, i'd rather have it saved up in the names of my kids - a trust fund maybe, for their college education.

Instead of the annulment, can we enter into an agreement not to meddle with each others personal lives? without prejudice to the kids' welfare, of course!

he can visit the kids on Sundays only, where we spend the day as a family - we hear mass, lunch out.. he is also obliged to be present during kids' activities in school - family day, graduation etc. i dont want my kids losing their self-esteem and confidence because they feel they do not belong to a family. so we have come up with this arrangement. the bottom line is this: we are only losing our connection as spouses, but we are still parents, definitely!

we have no properties acquired during marriage but i have a property inherited from my parents and another acquired before i got married. i understand, he has also acquired a right over half of both properties due to the marriage. if he waives both in favor to me or the kids, will it serve the purpose? i dont want his future kids or partner taking part in something that he has never really owned (sa totoo lang, di po ba?)

finally, is the agreement i am referring to earlier valid? will it serve the purpose of defining our respective warranties and obligations? except of course for the remarrying part where an annulment is really a pre requisite. please help..

thank you and more power to you!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum