Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Re: threads asking for legal advice all over the place

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

To admin(s) and moderators:

Question lang po.

May sub-forum po ang ating website na "Free Legal Advice", right? Sa sub-forum na ito eh may different categories (e.g. Labor, Property, Family and Marriage, etc.) kung saan dapat magpo-post ng kanilang mga hinaing at katanungan ang mga members na nangangailangan ng adbisong legal.

Yaman din lamang na may sub-forums naman para sa nasabing layon -- and, as per my observations, generally, doon naman din talaga nagpo-post ang mga tao ng legal inquiries nila -- bakit pati sa mga sub-forum na para sa ibang purpose eh sangkaterba din ang threads asking for legal advice? Kunwari, dito sa "Comments and Suggestions" -- mas marami pang nanghihingi ng legal advice kesa sa talagang comments and suggestions regarding the workings of the site.

I understand that, as the name "Free Legal Advice Philippines" implies, this is a site for free legal advice... that much is clear. Gayunpaman, given na may proper place sa forum na ito for such purpose, why is it that some members still opt to post their legal woes all over the site, in places other than the correct sub-forums?

I likewise understand that this is more of a rant than anything else, and shows more of a failure on the part of some of the members in following basic instructions than admins' oversight, pero wala lang. It had to be said sooner or later. Hehe.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully, something could be done regarding this matter.

View user profile http://forvirtuesyouneverhad.wordpress.com

Attentionseeker

Prision Correccional
You acted as if you own the site! You barged to this website being aggressive and controlling! This is a free advice website if the lawyer chooses to give their advice freely it's all up to them! Yes it is more likely as a rant as people tend to get an idea from here, who among the lawyer are in their framed of mind to give free advices! Their services cost and you have to pay according to their knowledge! They can be kind enough to give people idea, so does the people who absorbed the knowledge from here! The admin are not responsible for what the other members say and advises whether it makes sense or not but the fact is, if they want a positive answers about their cases they should hire a proper lawyer! This site is for free so people who gets an idea from here should be very grateful! m3

View user profile
Attentionseeker wrote:You acted as if you own the site! You barged to this website being aggressive and controlling! This is a free advice website if the lawyer chooses to give their advice freely it's all up to them! Yes it is more likely as a rant as people tend to get an idea from here, who among the lawyer are in their framed of mind to give free advices! Their services cost and you have to pay according to their knowledge! They can be kind enough to give people idea, so does the people who absorbed the knowledge from here! The admin are not responsible for what the other members say and advises whether it makes sense or not but the fact is, if they want a positive answers about their cases they should hire a proper lawyer! This site is for free so people who gets an idea from here should be very grateful! m3

Hello!

It seems that you didn't understand my post.

Look, sir, I'm not contesting the "free advice" aspect of this site. Nowhere in my post would you see such an allegation. You'd realize that if you actually read and understood what I posted. I am constrained to conclude that you didn't really read what I said and just skimmed through it.

What I'm actually commenting about -- that is, if you've read my post -- is the fact that some members tend to post legal questions in places in this site made for other stuff. My issue is not what they post -- it's where they post it.

Let me give you an example -- take a look at the "Events, EBs, and Gatherings" section, under the "Forum Members" sub-forum. Judging from its name, it was made for those who'd like to plan for members' get-togethers and meet-ups.

But take a good look at it. What's posted there? If you've been following me so far, you'll see that there are two threads asking for legal advice in there, one regarding a marriage caterer and another asking about the potential liability of an employee who issued ORs without remitting them to the company -- which in the first place shouldn't even be there, since that section is for another purpose entirely. Both should be moved under the "Obligations and Contracts" section of the "Legal Advice" sub-forum.

I hope I enlightened you on what I've tried to get across in my post, since apparently, you had a very hard time getting it and missed the entire point. bounce

(P.S.: I took a look at the list of topics you've posted so far -- yes, in case you didn't know, you can actually do that here. I'm glad to see that you're posting your legal inquiries in the proper sub-forums. That's cool. Very Happy)

Volt

Arresto Menor
Attentionseeker: You are just twisting someone's suggestion. Shocked

View user profile

Attentionseeker

Prision Correccional
And what its got to do with you? be useful than starting with rubbish! Razz

View user profile

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

i agree with mr/mrs. nonviolent resistance. observation lang at me suggestion lang sya.

iyan din ang napansin ko. kahit saan, puro na lang hingi comments kahit saan. sana mag gawa sila ng new topic. para din me sariling title din. ang point kasi dito is hindi lang sila ang i cater natin. pati din iyong gusto magbasa sa tanong nila, kasi baka makarelate sila. kaya nga , if me new post sila na me title at sa proper forum nakalagay ang tanong niya, madali na lang sa iba na me similar concern ang magclick ng click.

suggestion lang man iyon. tiyong comment against mr/mrs. non-violent resistance na ganito ang nakasulat "You acted as if you own the site! You barged to this website being aggressive and controlling!" is totally uncalled for. nag suggest na nga iyong tao kung papaano maging maganda itong forum na ito, bakit pa natin siraan at pinepersonal sya.

we should invite suggestions sa mga forumers para mapaganda ang site na ito. hindi sana natin idiscourage.

and one thing more, if you can notice also sa site like www.davaosale.com or www.tseatc.com, pag wrong post ka sa wrong forum, merong warning sa moderator. at saka ginamoved ang wrong post sa correct or proper classification ng forum niya. kasi siguro din iyong mga forum na iyon, mindful sila sa mga guests at readers lang na gusto lang magbasa. parang gusto lang ng forum na iyon din na maging organized ang forum. sino ba ang hindi gusto niyan.

my suggestion sana is kung sino ang nag gawa ng forum na ito, or kung sino man ang marunong sa computer at website na ito, puwede man sya mag assign ng tao na maging in charge sa isang class ng forum. like sa property, iisa ang moderator. sya ang tig move at nagawarning kung me wrong post.

just my opinion also. suggestion lang po.

View user profile

KingMike253

Arresto Menor
Yeah. I agree!! XD

To see man without law or what "society" would be like without law – one has to look no farther than the animal kingdom.

That's why we are ruled and moderated sa kahit anung bagay.

View user profile

KingMike253

Arresto Menor
I can be a moderator.

But then again, buti kung ipagkatiwala saken ung pagmomoderate nito.. hehehe..

Mukang hindi na ganung active ung may-ari ng site na'to.. Pero binabayaran parin ung Web space at hosting kaya baka un nlng ung purpose..

View user profile

Angelie Malinit

Arresto Menor
A man threatened me to blind my eyes and even kill me. I was also had a verbal abuse by cussed me a lot of times. I was also hurt by kicking my back and front while he also drew me in front of people. He also chokes me and tries to kill me. It caused me some wounds and trauma also back pain. As a woman, what case I can file to that man other than physical injuries and threat? Can I also sue him a trespassing to dwelling? (I don’t know the exact word.) Since before he hurt me outside our house, he also opened our sliding door and go inside our main house since he was my uncle’s visitor only outside the main house, is it possible to sue him trespassing? Hope to hear from you soon. This will mean a lot to me. Thank you and god bless!!

View user profile

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

DEAR MS. ANGELIE MALINIT,

IF it may please, PLEASE MAKE A NEW TOPIC mam. Mr. nonviolentresistance was requesting all the members here not to post their topics in an old thread. and yet, here you are , posting your new topic in an old thread.

that is only a request mam. i hope you got the wisdom behind the request of mr. nonviolentresistance.

View user profile

jd888

NonViolentResistance & taxconsultantdavao seems to share similar points of view, and it is good because what they are trying to convey is that, those who posts their concerns here should be mindful of the proper forum to post their topics.

Attentionseeker is just seemed to be annoyed with how NonViolentResistance has the audacity to point out mistakes on the site all of the sudden; remember, that people of all walks of life may post their concerns here and it does not necessarily follow that all who posts here are well aware of the site etiquette which is to post on proper forum. Some guests are distressed and will just post anywhere they think with their own judgement is acceptable. Some are just below-average internet users.

Who owns this site is probably busy with the noble profession of being a lawyer; it will take a dedicated moderator to keep an eye on the topics at any given time of the day and arrange or sort them properly, and it would be unfair to delete their concerns if a moderator would deem it wrongfully posted; so we might just appeal to those who have a wide understanding to be patient and if wrong post annoys you, then control yourself or better yet keep it to your self.

The recommendation is good, but the statement is authoritative.

And for Attentionseeker, read between the lines first before making a harsh comment; Logic 101: "Avoid Fallacy Against a Person"

Last edited by jd888 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

raheemerick

Reclusion Perpetua
wow!! nice conversation:)... topics to be posted according to its sub-forum. minsan nag kakmali.minsan nga mapansin mo sa post ng iba..asking advice about there religion or devotions. and dfntly its not a legal case..:)minsan nga pati panis na turon naka post pa. and take note ha. sa "credit and obligation pa nka lagay" hehehe.. kala ko inutang ang turon at napanis na kasi di nabayadan. aww! opinions and sugetion para maging maayus at madaling maka relate sa bawat isue according sa title ng post at according sa forum kung saan nya i post ang isue nya. wlang masama don. pero may ilang beginer na mejo naguguluhan pa. mag taka tayo if they already have aleast thousands of post and coments eh kung saan saan pa sya nag popost ng topics nya.? Smile eh ibang usapan na yun,. :)wlang masama mag sugest, besides mas magiigng maayus pag ganon. but we cant expect from those few's na maka pag post sa site nato ng ayun agad sa tamang cathegories. may mga new-bee at may ilang nangangapa din.
echo lng yan sa ilang coment dito"Smile

View user profile
jd888 wrote:NonViolentResistance & taxconsultantdavao seems to share similar points of view, and it is good because what they are trying to convey is that, those who posts their concerns here should be mindful of the proper forum to post their topics.

Attentionseeker is just seemed to be annoyed with how NonViolentResistance has the audacity to point out mistakes on the site all of the sudden; remember, that people of all walks of life may post their concerns here and it does not necessarily follow that all who posts here are well aware of the site etiquette which is to post on proper forum. Some guests are distressed and will just post anywhere they think with their own judgement is acceptable. Some are just below-average internet users.

Who owns this site is probably busy with the noble profession of being a lawyer; it will take a dedicated moderator to keep an eye on the topics at any given time of the day and arrange or sort them properly, and it would be unfair to delete their concerns if a moderator would deem it wrongfully posted; so we might just appeal to those who have a wide understanding to be patient and if wrong post annoys you, then control yourself or better yet keep it to your self.

The recommendation is good, but the statement is authoritative.

And for Attentionseeker, read between the lines first before making a harsh comment; Logic 101: "Avoid Fallacy Against a Person"

Apologies if I came across as too direct. In my line of work, we are trained to communicate that way. ^_^;; Anyways, thank you.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum