Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible to put Father's name on my child birth certificate even if unwed? Pls help

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ayesha11

Arresto Menor
I am unwed with a foreigner and currently our daughter just turned one. We left her in Philippines right after giving birth as we have to go back to work abroad. Her Birth Certificate was not yet registered since the hospital staff was telling my parents that they need me and my partner to sign on the birth certificate. As mentioned my daughter turned one already and since we are not married we have decided to put the fathers details on my daughters Birth Certificate but she will use my Surname. When my parents went to City registrar they were informed that it is not allowed to put my daughters father's details since we are not married and it will only be UNKNOWN. Can you please give us advice on what to do with this? and what other options do we have? Thanks.

View user profile

attyLLL

that is the correct procedure unless the father signs an affidavit acknowledging that he is the father. he can execute it at the philippine consulate and send that to your parents.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

ayesha11

Arresto Menor
the affidavit is there any specific formats to be taken from the consulate or embassy? or we can just prepare the normal letter let him sign and submit it on the consulate? Thanks.

View user profile

attyLLL

the form at the back of the birth certificate is the standard form, but you can also ask at the local civil registrar if they have another form

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum