Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DAMAGES for AWOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 DAMAGES for AWOL on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:14 pm

dmd2012

Arresto Menor
Hello. In a recent company audit, external auditors suggested that we impose punitive measures for separation due AWOL (non-observance of 30 days exit policy), i.e. monetary penalty, non-payment of last pay which includes pro-rated 13th month pay, leaves conversion, tax refund, and non-release of certificates of employment and training. Are we violating any provision in the labor code if we do this? Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:17 pm

attyLLL

indeed the labor code allows collection of damages, but imo, i don't believe it's lawful to deduct it from salary. just be ready to defend your acts in nlrc if the employees file caes against you.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:02 am

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
how can i claim my ITR if i go on AWOL from my previous company and my new company is asking for it?

I was not able to process my clearance and my new employer did not know about it.

thanks.

View user profile

4 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:25 am

CaseLogic

Arresto Mayor
And that's is the problem when the employee is being irresponsible with their obligation to the company.
Ang epekto ikaw pa rin ang mappwersyo.

View user profile

5 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:35 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
there are personal reasons behind it.

i hope a lawyer can answer my question...

how can i claim my ITR if i go on AWOL from my previous company and my new company is asking for it?

I was not able to process my clearance and my new employer did not know about it.

thanks.

View user profile

6 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:07 pm

attyLLL

if itr for last year, go to the bir try to get a certification that you were included in the alpha list and get a copy.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

7 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:35 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
ITR for 2012 atty Sad

thanks.

View user profile

8 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:29 pm

attyLLL

tough luck. what you need is a bir 2316 from your previous employer. best you can do is make a request

View user profile

9 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
what would be their right to hold it if ever? i was not able to secure a clearance from them bec they do not want to accept my immediate resignation... Sad

can i just secure one from BIR directly myself?

thanks

View user profile

10 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:56 pm

attyLLL

you can try to get copies of their alphalist submitted to the bir

an alternative is to show your payslips. try to show the amount of tax deducted and prove to your new employer that you are doing everything possible

View user profile

11 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 am

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
what do you mean by alphalist?

Can i just show mt latest payslip bec i do not keep all my payslips. anyway, tax are computed every payday, right atty?

thank you so much!

View user profile

12 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:46 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
up

View user profile

13 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:32 pm

attyLLL

you can try if they will accept that.

View user profile

14 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 am

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
is it true that I may not provide an ITR anymore if I will start with my new company this October because it requires at least 6mos in a year for the employee to deduct tax from you? an I will only have 3mos (Oct, Nov and Dec 2012)

thanks.

View user profile

15 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:24 pm

attyLLL

you can try, but the real cut off is end of the year

View user profile

16 Re: DAMAGES for AWOL Today at 1:54 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum