Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

is a lying to your supervisor a serious misconduct?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bensmith

Arresto Menor
phone are not allowed inside our company because its a bank. but that morning i just forgot to leave my cellphone in my locker. the security guard caught it bulging from my jean's pocket.
i thought my supervisor could help me with the situation so i approached him and asked him if he could help me. then he asked if what's in my pocket is really a cellphone.
i said no, it's something else. i was meaning to ask him if he could help me make the guard realize that I was not really using the phone. i just forgot to leave it in my locker. he didn't look like he would help me so later on i still decided to surrender it to the security guard.
they are now accusing me of serious misconduct and willful disobedience which could result to termination.

View user profile
you have three offense(s) actually:

1. bringing in cellphone
2. lying to your superior
3. if you're in Makati, i know it's illegal (there's actually a Republic of Makati Very Happy Law) to use phone inside banks (like phones on gas stations)

now let's looks at your defense: the reason of "i forgot" is not valid, and then instead of telling it to your superior, you elected to "not tell" intentionally. and lastly, it's a city government offense. now, here's what our labor code has against it that the arbiter may take a look at if they (bank) opt to terminate you and you filed a case with NLRC:

------------------------
Causes for Termination by the Employer

1. Serious misconduct;
2. Willful disobedience of employer’s lawful orders connected with work;
3. Gross and habitual neglect of duty;
4. Fraud or breach of trust;
5. Commission of a crime or offense against the employer, employer’s family or representative; and
6. Other analogous causes.

View user profile

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua
Due process is a must.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum