Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BACKPAY of a voluntarily resigned employee

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BACKPAY of a voluntarily resigned employee on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:10 am

Arresto Menor
I submitted my resignation June 11, 2012 with an effectivity date of June 15, 2012. I went back to my office June 18 to process my clearance however management asked me to stay with the company with a few conditions.

1. It will be a cut & rehire however I don't have to go through the process of waiting for 2 months to be hired again.
2. I would have to go back as a newly hired employee meaning, not regular and no benefits.
3. Salary given will of course be as a newly hired employee.

I took the opportunity and worked for them. After 2 months, I then followed up my back pay since I started working for the company from July 18, 2011 with a lot of VLs and SLs left. Now they informed me I will not get any backpay since I was able to get my salary that June15 pay out.

Now I am actually clueless on what are the rules when it comes to this one?

View user profile

2 Re: BACKPAY of a voluntarily resigned employee on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 pm

the basic rule is that if you worked, then you are entitled to be paid.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum