Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Common Law Marriage Inquiry

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Common Law Marriage Inquiry on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:50 am

charles009

Arresto Menor
Good day Atty. I would just like to ask what if the unmarried couple is living together with the man's family? That is not "exclusively" living right? As per Common Law Marriage here in Philippines, the unmarried couple should be "exclusively" living together. Are they still governed by co-ownership?

And what about if the man is working abroad and the woman is living with his family are they still covered by co-ownership? Thanks in advanced.

Charles

View user profile

2 Re: Common Law Marriage Inquiry on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 am

attyLLL

in my opinion, that is still considered a common law relationship covered by co-ownership even if they are living with the parents, and even if the man is away.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Common Law Marriage Inquiry on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:42 am

charles009

Arresto Menor
Thanks for the reply attorney I appreciate a lot. By the way I have a follow up question. If the woman would leave and go to her family's house then there would be no difference right? If she lives alone then the more it will look like common law marriage. So where should she live and what should the man and the woman do so that common law marriage would be terminated? Thank you very much.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum