Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child (13) being held and bribe being solicited

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kosmonooit

Arresto Menor
Hello all,

I sincerely hope I can get some help here. One of my finances younger brothers, who is 13, is apparently being held at the DSWD now for over 24 hours. He was apparently caught smoking some MJ with his break dance crew in a park. I am told that a bribe of P100k is being solicited for his release.

I am not there in Phils so its hard to deal with this, but I have read on the PNP Legal Services web site that a child under 15 can not be held and must be released to the parent, who have already gone to the DSWD Centre.

Then there is the charge, surely this is not a serious crime. I know there is zero tolerance in Phils, but this is a 13 year old....

I am not prepared to be party to any bribes or corruption, so any advice on how to handle this?

What would be the best course of action in ordering the release of the child?

Any other advice?

Thank you sincerely in advance.

View user profile

kosmonooit

Arresto Menor
I must add that I haven't ruled out the possibility that I am being scammed.

Salamat po.

View user profile

kosmonooit

Arresto Menor
Anyone, please? Apparently his buddies are also being kept. They are in Angeles City. I can't seem to find DSWD Holding Centre number to call to confirm.

I have tried calling a few lawyers in AC, but all closed until Monday. I have said I will help with legal fees, and certainly would like a sting operation to nail the corrupt PNP if this is the case.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum