We have a tenant who rented a property from us, the contract is for 15 years, let say, the monthly rental fee is 10K per month, and just out of nowhere the tenant stopped paying the fees for various reasons. Now, the case is currently on going although naka 3 judge na ito at lagi nilang ipa inhibit ang sinumang judge na uupo.
My questions are as follows:
1. How long does it normally take to settle case like this? I understand this is under obligations & Contract and may take years before it will get settled, but I want an honest opinion from legal experts.
2. This case has been running for 10 years now without resolve, from one judge to another, they always find a way so the case will prolong and hoping that we will give up. There was a time that the court decided to sheriff some of their properties which indeed happened, however, after a while, they stopped payment again.
3. I understand the Client-Lawyer confidentiality, but the family begin to doubt about the sincerity of this lawyer as he seem to be just reactive about the case, imagine, this case has been on going for 10 years and still nothing is resolved, now, the attorney is asking for additional fee as he has an assistant who helped them on the case, is this proper and legal? Our lawyer is asking for additional 30K on top of the 10% that he gets everytime there is partial settlement.
4. Can we move the case into another court if we feel that nothing is happening with our case?
5. is 10 years usual for obligations and contract case?
Hope you can shed light as to us, the family think, aside the tenant is trying to play with the law, our lawyer seems to be akin of doing the same as long as he gets his professional fee?
I would appreciate any reply.
Thanks . . . .