Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Less than 180 days outside philippines is taxable?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Good day!

MAIN = mother company
SUB = mother company's branch/sister company. my company.

I am working(regular employee/filipino) in south of manila for SUB. SUB sends me to work on a secondment agreement abroad(to one project of MAIN) for a specified number of years/months. My salary is still local(philippine) based. I was mobilized here last Sept 2010. And will be demobilized by May 2013. My salary from Sept 2010 to Dec 2010, was still taxed. But 2011 up to present is not taxed(but still local salary). According to our accounting department, there is a "180 day rule". If your work abroad is less than 180days, you will be taxed. I have checked the BIR website, and this 180 day rule is for aliens working in the philippines only(i might be wrong though). I also checked our company handbook but it is not indicated. Additional info: we don't have OEC. These are my questions:

1. Is there such a "<180 day taxed" law?

2. Is there a tax refund for my Sept 2010 to Dec2010 salary?

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Found one topic about this issue here:

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum