Pls advice me as I really don’t know what to do, 2009 or 2010 my Aunt filed an estafa case against the 3 of us, my other aunt,her daughter and me,just yesterday my aunt received a resolution letter from the quezon city prosecutors office telling we have been charged of estafa art.315 1b, and that the bail is 40k for each. My question is,since she filed the case, I was already working abroad (2008) (and that was indicated in the letter that I am working abroad)how will I post my bail since I am here, the amount involve that she is claiming is around 250thousand pesos, I have read that the bail should be 40k for this,and I have also read that we can ask for a reduced bail. Actually she has a townhouse which was being rented for 9,500 per month, and she is claiming that the balance in her bank account doesn’t match what amount she is expecting, we paid for the maintenance and repairs and for her property taxes, this has receipts,but we cannot show the receipt whenever she is giving money to our other relatives, as she is just calling (she stays in Japan) and instructing via phone call to give this said amount to this certain person,like if one relative asks for financial help if sick or something. So my question now is, as this resolution letter informing we have been charged for estafa and we need to bail for 40k each,supposed we have asked for reduced bail and granted, by the way this aunt who filed a case, is a drug user and was confined in a mental hospital in japan, even her own daughter has filed a case in the police in japan as she pointed a knife in front of her own grandchildren.
1. How can I defend myself since I am abroad and under contract here and cannot return right away, I know I can also file for motion for reinvestigation since I was not here the time they have preliminary hearings, but also I don’t want to be bothered as I am a single mom working for 2 kids, so what is the best way that I should do?
2. If I need to pay the bail,how will I pay the bail since I am here?
3. What will my aunt and her daughter do since they cannot really pay that bail , as my aunt is just a jobless widow, and her daughter being a singlemom,
4. What will happen after we receive this resolution letter
5. If we ask for mediation when should we do it?
6. Please advice us, as we don’t have enough money to pay for a Lawyer for legal advice/assistance
Thank you very much,hope to hear from you the soonest.