Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change of surname

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Change of surname on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:34 am

homosapien

Arresto Menor
Hi..I have a 5 year old daughter and I am not married to her mother. Both of us are working abroad but in different countries. My daughter is carrying my surname. I acknowledged her in her birth certificate. And I also give my financial support for her. Sometimes me and her mom is not in good terms and she's telling me that she will change the surname of my daughter to her's. Can she do this even without informing me? Thanks you so much. God bless

View user profile

2 Re: Change of surname on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:34 pm

arden2603

Arresto Mayor
the father is the only one who can impugn the legitimacy of his own child. But I think she can adopt her child to remove the father's parental authority.

View user profile

3 Re: Change of surname on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:25 pm

attyLLL

no, she should not be able to do it without your knowledge. send her a letter via registered mail, email, and personally informing her of your mailing address. that will foil any plan of trying to give a fake address with the court.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: Change of surname on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:52 am

homosapien

Arresto Menor
...Thank you so much for your replies.

View user profile

5 Re: Change of surname Today at 7:35 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum