Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Cybercrime law and Long Distance Romance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Cybercrime law and Long Distance Romance on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:59 am

skylar123

Arresto Menor
I have been in a long distance relationship for 18months now and we love each other and plan to marry etc.

Our relationship has been full and complete in all as best we can under the current circumstances.

We have both enjoyed sharing our private needs and love on cam Wink (if you want to call it cam sex then thats your choice)

The new law is frightening me! will I be gulty of any crime?

OR can we continue our normally happy loving relationship?

View user profile

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
skylar123 wrote:I have been in a long distance relationship for 18months now and we love each other and plan to marry etc.

Our relationship has been full and complete in all as best we can under the current circumstances.

We have both enjoyed sharing our private needs and love on cam Wink (if you want to call it cam sex then thats your choice)

The new law is frightening me! will I be gulty of any crime?

OR can we continue our normally happy loving relationship?

Sec. 4(c)(1) Cybersex. — The willful engagement, maintenance, control, or operation, directly or indirectly, of any lascivious exhibition of sexual organs or sexual activity, with the aid of a computer system, for favor or consideration. Laughing

View user profile

Charles123

Arresto Menor
Hello

I too am in long term relationship with filipina

and this new law is destroying what was once a beautiful relationship becoz she don't understand the meaning of the law!

@concepab

You quote the law (as written) but yet do not specifically answer the question or explain the law!

Please advise the meaning of " for favor or consideration "

and if you will please give your opinion in regards to the request "can we continue our normally happy loving relationship?"

Thanks (maraming salamat) for your time

View user profile

arden2603

Arresto Mayor
@skylar this law is new to the public. In my opinion, as long as the both of you will not file the said case it will not fall on the said Cybersex. It is settled that the state is concerned with penal laws for the welfare of the society. But if the state will file a case against both of you, you may invoke that you are lovers and was not engaged in cybersex.

In construing ambiguous statues the legislative intent must be ascertain. In what I have read, the evil to be suppressed in the cybersex is prostitution and human trafficking. Your act may constitute as cybersex but the intention of the act is not prostitution but for expressing love to each other. I love you

View user profile

attyLLL

obviously the law refers to a situation where it is payment romance which is the motivation by the parties.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum