Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Support Questions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child Support Questions. on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Kaye21

Arresto Menor
Hi, i have a question. Is there a chance that i get a child support from my son's father? I was 7 months when i went to the united states to give birth to my son who is now 2 years old. His father left me when i was 2 months pregnant. When i went back to the philippines after giving birth he asked for another chance and so i got back withhim. I stayed with him for less than a year but cheated on me again. Its been more than a year since we stopped communicating and now hes expecting another baby with his wife, the one he cheated on me with, they got married months after we broke up. I am now here in united states and would like to ask if i can file or i have the rights to demand a child support from him? My son is 2 years old and i never had any support from him since even we were together. He does not carry his last name though he looks exactly like him. i spoke to his parents but they stopped communicating due to some arguments with his mother. He left philippines with his wife to go to Bahrain with his parents but went back to the Philippines after few months.

I know that he has a business with his wife now but he doesnt consider it as a job. Thats why he claim that he doesnt have one. By that, he can say that he can't give any support?

Please let me know what can i do and my rights. Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: Child Support Questions. on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:25 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
Father signed the BC?

View user profile

3 Re: Child Support Questions. on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Kaye21

Arresto Menor
He did not because my son was born in united states

View user profile

4 Re: Child Support Questions. on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:41 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
Kaye21 wrote:He did not because my son was born in united states

Well that’s the first thing you should do, prove that he is the father. Once na magawa mo yun, you can oblige him to provide support for your child.

View user profile

5 Re: Child Support Questions. on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Kaye21

Arresto Menor
He looks exactly like him and we lived together before and i can even prove that just by pictures. His parents even told me to send a demand letter. Also for the letter does a lawyer have to send it or i can just send it directly?

View user profile

6 Re: Child Support Questions. on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:19 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
Kaye21 wrote:He looks exactly like him and we lived together before and i can even prove that just by pictures. His parents even told me to send a demand letter. Also for the letter does a lawyer have to send it or i can just send it directly?

Resemblance is not enough to cement your claim in court. You have to prove it with irrefutable proof. DNA test is the best way to do that. Try to send a demand letter, it is better if a lawyer will prepare it for you.

View user profile

7 Re: Child Support Questions. on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Kaye21

Arresto Menor
Yeah i guess ill just have someone do it for me in the phil then thanks!

View user profile

8 Re: Child Support Questions. on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:47 pm

attyLLL

actually resemblance and your testimony will be good evidence. it's what they used to decide on before dna evidence

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

9 Re: Child Support Questions. Today at 9:48 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum