Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inheritance of land of an illegitimate children against the widow & nieces

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Need help from questions regarding the case of my cousins. They are 4 brothers who are all illegitimate.
Their father had a first wife but no children and their father
had 4 children from my aunt but not married because he was
married to the first wife.Their father acknowledge them
and signed their birth certificates. Their father died and
the first wife to whom he was living had possesions of the house and land titles of their father including all belongings land and cars.
The nephews and nieces of the first wife is actively
pursuing to sell the lands and properties of their deceased
May I know the right of the 4 illegitimate children
and their share on their fathers properties against the widow of their father and her nephews and nieces...may the widow left a will to give to her nephews???

from NSO marriage certificate it had negative records.
( awaiting confirmation from CENOMAR) what if it is
negative and the marriage was like pikot style before...

thanks and awaiting your clear response.

View user profile


if there is no record in the nso, then the presumption is that there was no marriage and they will have to produce the documents. their children might be all illegitimate also.

but assuming that they were validly married, each illegit child is entitled to a share equal to half of that of a legitimate child

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum