Everyday our neighborS-
(1) burn dry leaves that fell from their trees (and sometimes, plastic from their wastes),
(2) burn dry coconut leaves to ward off mosquitos, and
(3) burn coconut shells for cooking.
I would appreciate very much if anyone can help me on the following queries/clarifications:
(1) isn't open burning of solid wastes already prohibited by RA 9003 or the Ecological Solid Waste Management Act? Meaning that our neighbors CAN NO LONGER continue to burn dry leaves?
(2) does burning dry leaves to ward off mosquitos or burning coconut shells for cooking covered by Eco-Solid Waste Mgt Act? From my point of view, it does not.
I plan to talk to our neighbors once I already have sound basis for my concerns. If this cannot be resolved among ourselves (which I believe will happen because our neighbors are so stubborn and their level of education/ understanding of recent developments in our modern world is not too high), then I intend to file a complaint at the barangay government. If this still cannot be resolved, then I will resort to going to the municipal government.
It has already been 4 years and everyday our dress going to office always smells unfavorable because of the smoke always going in our house.
Our rented house is only 1 meter away from the houses of our 2 annoying neighbors.
Thank you very much in advance.