Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Financial Support

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Financial Support on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:31 pm

legalchild18

Arresto Menor
Hello. Good day. I have a question regarding legal and financial support. My mom and dad had been separated for 13years now and I was just 7years old when they separated. Since their separation, me (20years old)and my younger sister's(13years old) living with my Mom up until now. Before, we haven't receive any financial support from my dad not until my mom had filed support thru DSWD. That's the time my dad had send us money thru his family which is beyond what we should be receiving. He then left last 2004, I was 1st year HS that time, to fulfill his job as a seaman, after a few months we begun receiving our monthly allotment of $150. We did not complain even if it's not fair, as my mom had known that his now 2nd family is receiving higher amount than us. My mom tried to file a complain thru my Dad's Agency but it wasn't pushed thru as it was not entertained by the agency. Then, during my 2nd year in College (2008 or 2009), upon our demand he agreed to give us additional $200 which he send to us separately from our allotment, considering this is just extra allowance. Attempts of bidding for higher amount was made but was only declined as he's just telling me that he's not like other seaman that earns much. Last 2010 he filed annulment against my Mom and just last August 2012 was decisioned by the court to be dismissed for improper venue. I just graduated from College just last May and eventually got a job as a call center agent last June, though just earning basic salary he demamded that he will stop sending us the extra $200 since he said that I already have a job and I'm not being fair because he said I'm still asking for more. I'm trying to convince him to give us some more time as I'm not yet a regular employee and we still need his financial support due to the fact that my younger sister is undergoing medications plus our daily needs and bills. He wasn't convinced even threatened us that he will be canceling his contract earlier and will just send us the extra money until October. Upon checking for our extra money, we were in shock when we found out that he had already blocked the account and we weren't able to get the extra money even if he promised to still give us until this month even though I did not agree.

Making this story short me, my mom and sister don't know what to do now. In fact, we are just communicating thru Facebook messaging and there are times that he dont respond to my messages. Is it right that he removed the extra money that we are getting from him just because I'm already 20 years old and has a job though not yet permanent/regular? Come to think my younger sister is still on her 2nd year in HS. PLease advise me on what to do. Thanks.

Last edited by legalchild18 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)

View user profile

2 Re: Financial Support on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
legalchild18 wrote:Hello. Good day. I have a question regarding legal and financial support. My mom and dad had been separated for 13years now and I was just 7years old when they separated. Since their separation, me (20years old)and my younger sister's(13years old) living with my Mom up until now. Before, we haven't receive any financial support from my dad not until my mom had filed support thru DSWD. That's the time my dad had send us money thru his family which is beyond what we should be receiving. He then left last 2004, I was 1st year HS that time, to fulfill his job as a seaman, after a few months we begun receiving our monthly allotment of $150. We did not complain even if it's not fair, as my mom had known that his now 2nd family is receiving higher amount than us. My mom tried to file a complain thru my Dad's Agency but it wasn't pushed thru as it was not entertained by the agency. Then, during my 2nd year in College (2008 or 2009), upon our demand he agreed to give us additional $200 which he send to us separately from our allotment, considering this is just extra allowance. Attempts of bidding for higher amount was made but was only declined as he's just telling me that he's not like other seaman that earns much. Last 2010 he filed annulment against my Mom and just last August 2012 was decisioned by the court to be dismissed for improper venue. I just graduated from College just last May and eventually got a job as a call center agent last June, though just earning basic salary he demamded that he will stop sending us the extra $200 since he said that I already have a job and I'm not being fair because he said I'm still asking for more. I'm trying to convince him to give us some more time as I'm not yet a regular employee and we still need his financial support due to the fact that my younger sister is undergoing medications plus our daily needs and bills. He wasn't convinced even threatened us that he will be canceling his contract earlier and will just send us the extra money until October. Upon checking for our extra money, we were in shock when we found out that he had already blocked the account and we weren't able to get the extra money even if he promised to still give us until this month even though I did not agree.

Making this story short me, my mom and sister don't know what to do now. In fact, we are just communicating thru Facebook messaging and there are times that he dont respond to my messages. Is it right that he removed the extra money that we are getting from him just because I'm already 20 years old and has a job though not yet permanent/regular? Come to think my younger sister is still on her 2nd year in HS. PLease advise me on what to do. Thanks.

Your mother can file economic abuse case against your father. Convince her to do it. Walang batas na nagsasaad kung hanggang kalian or kung hanggang anong age lang dapat sustentuhan ng magulang ang kanyang mga anak. The fact that their marriage is still valid (annulment was dismissed, right?) your mother, sister and you are all entitle for financial support from your father. at kahit pa na-grant ang annulment nila, children are still entitled for support.

View user profile

3 Re: Financial Support on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:03 pm

CL175148

Arresto Menor
HI po. we found out that my dad is having an affair with another woman abroad and when we confronted him he didn't deny it, and instead he get mad on us and threatened us that he will no longer support us financially, it's been 3 months that our father didn't send his allotment. how true that we have to wait until six months before we file complaints about this matter and i just wanna add that we dont have any source of income. need some advise as well regarding this matter.

what will be the procedure in filing cases regarding financial support to his family and how long do we have to wait.

View user profile

4 Re: Financial Support on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:10 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
Wait for six months? Sino may sabi nun? You can file anytime. Ask your mom to talk to your dad and send him a demand letter for financial support. If nothing positive happened, file economic abuse case.

View user profile

5 Re: Financial Support on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:19 pm

legalchild18

Arresto Menor
@concepab > thanks for the reply. Yes, the annulment was dismissed and they're still legally married. I'm currently researching about this, age and until when will still be a child able to receive support from parents. Is this not stated w/in the Family Code? I've really tried to convince him to not drop the extra financial support, but his just to driven to have us finally drop us from the people he supports(he told me his supporting his Mom, Me and his 2nd family). He even told me upfront that we were just financial burden to him but still he's happy that I had finally graduated. I've told him many times that I'm not earning much to cover all our needs, even my mom's not financially stable to fully support us so, we do really need him. As far as I know, my mom is already processing on filing legal support, her lawyer asked her to have the names of people (the bosses) from my Dad's agency so they can send a letter to the agency. I really don't know how this works, I'm really just worried cause he told me on that he will stop working as a Seaman so both of his families won't be receiving anything and both won't benefit from him at all. But I don't believe him coz he's living with his 2nd family and he sends my stepsister to a private school and he treats her as a princess, so I really doubt he'll leave and stop working as a Seaman coz he's been an OFW ever since my Mom and Dad had been married. I do hope what my mom is filing now would push through.

View user profile

6 Re: Financial Support on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
If he is selfish enough (sorry about the word) and decided to stop working, just to avoid his obligations, his 2nd family is no longer your problem. Your focus should be at what is rightfully yours. Good luck.

View user profile

7 Re: Financial Support on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:09 pm

legalchild18

Arresto Menor
It's okay. I agree with what you said, he's selfish. Before, I don't want to do legal actions regarding our case because I'm afraid that he won't communicate with us and would really trigger that he won't support us financially. Now that he'd done this, I'm ready to face him in court. Thanks. It's been a relief that I'll be able to take actions regarding this.

View user profile

8 Re: Financial Support Today at 8:51 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum