Need your advice lang po. I work for a call center and submitted my resignation letter October 3 for a 30 day notice, which would take effect Nov 5.
The reason was I got hired in another company and my start date was Nov 12; their HR gave me ample time to finish my requirements and to find a replacement in the company that I'm currently working on. My current company (Comp 1) wanted me to extended my effective date to Dec 3, well aware that my start date on the other company (Comp 2) was Nov 12, both shifts are at night and I cannot work 2 jobs at the same time while waiting for my effective resignation date.
I don't want to let go of Comp 2 because this is in-house: no worries about end-of-contract for the account that you're working on and I will be able to apply the course that I finished in college. In short, this is the company that I'm hoping to invest my time on and possibly spend the rest of my working years. If I pass this opportunity who knows when i'll get the chance again.
I remember signing a contract with Comp 1 including giving 2 months notice for resignation but this was way back in 2007 when I first worked in the company (I got rehired 2009) when I first resigned here I just rendered 30 days and I know most former employees even in my current account that also rendered 30 days, even less.
My manager told me that they cannot allow 30 days because they feel it's not enough to find a replacement for me. I got promoted just 3 months ago (just a step up being an agent still taking calls) and i'm still in probationary period. But we are already starting the hiring process and it's possible to have a replacement for me within 30 days.
I also talk to Comp 2 HR about my situation and based on their needs, they may not be able to move my start date.
I don't know what to do in this situation or how I can convince Comp 1 to accept my 30 day notice. I even offered to extend my effective date to Nov 9 because one of my team mates who is on vacation leave for a month will be back by Nov 12. I don't want to go on AWOL because this will go on my employment record but if I have no choice I may be forced to. In case I only go to work for that 35 day period will this be taken against me? Will I be subject for termination because of that?
Any advise about this situation would be very much welcome and thanks for the time.