Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Father's sole custody of an illegitimate child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

my girlfriend just delivered our healthy son a week ago. we are not married so our child is illegitimate. me and my girlfriend are written as parents in our son's birth certificate.

our problem is, my girlfriend's parents doesn't know that she just delivered a baby, and she is scheduled to leave for USA anytime soon. we both decided to let me have a sole custody of the baby. but since Philippine law says that the mother has the sole custody of an illegitimate child, what should we do so that the sole custody will be given to me?

i would really appreciate any help.. thanks!

View user profile


an notarized letter affidavit can be a start then a petition for guardianship

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile


Arresto Menor
thank you po! Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum