Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

clerical error in my birth certificate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 clerical error in my birth certificate on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:56 am


Arresto Menor

I have a clerical error in my birth certificate. The correct spelling of my name is actually Mary Jane Felizarta but in my birth certificate it's Marry Jane Felisarta. According to R.A. 9048, i need to provide Not less than two (2) public or private documents upon which the correction shall be based. Examples of these documents are the following: baptismal certificate, voter's affidavit, employment record, GSIS/SSS record, medical record, school record, business record, driver's license, insurance, land titles, certificate of land transfer, bank passbook, NBI/police clearance, civil registry records of ascendants, and others... Now, the supporting docs I can provide are my NBI Clearance, Certificate of Employment from my employer, marriage contract of my parents, elem. diploma, and high certication since i lost my diploma. i also talked to somebody who works in a court and he said that i can use any gov. issued id of my dad as an additional supporting docs for my name correction. Now my question is,will the docs that i have enough to support my name correction. I really want to have my birth cert corrected and continue using what i'm used to. I can also attest that there is a clear evidence of incorrect entry of information since even my citizenship is spelled as Felipino not Filipino... Please help...

View user profile

2 Re: clerical error in my birth certificate on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
R.A. 9048 is applicable only for first name not for last name. This is a special proceedings that shall be filed with the court.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum