Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

marriage license issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 marriage license issue on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:36 pm

chexxx

Arresto Menor
My partner and I are both above 26 years old and we are planning to get married. Paano po kung tumutol ang magulang, maiissue padin po ba ng civil registry ang marriage license?Thanks

View user profile

2 Re: marriage license issue on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:23 pm

marymicahael

Arresto Menor
Yes, the civil registry can issue a marriage license because according to the Family Code of the Philippines...
"Article 15
Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor. A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement"

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum