Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

affidavit of lost

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 affidavit of lost on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:46 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day. Help please.

My brother issued affidavit of loss (notarized) of his company ID, after one week he went to singapore for a better job, the HR of his former company advised him to send a authorization letter for the company to deposit his separation pay along with valid ids, My brother did what was instructed to him, He sent the authorization and scan IDS, on the scan IDs' his former company ID was included, HR questioned him about the ID which he declared loss, My brother explained in detail that the scan copy was saved on his laptop before he leaves the company, Now, The person in charge won't release the separation pay because according to her, she believes that the ID was not loss at all. On her descretion alone she held the separation pay and advised my brother to coordinate with his former boss to testify that the ID was really lost.
My question is. does the affidavit of loss is not enough for my brother to get the separation pay?, What is the purpose then of the affidavit of loss if this will not be honored by the company?.

Please help me what to do,
Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: affidavit of lost on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:36 am


Prision Correccional
the original scan of his ID in his computer will show the date when it was scanned! see if he can find some computer technician who can testify the exact date when the ID was scanned. then this will prove that the scanned existed before providing the affidavit of loss! Wink

View user profile

3 Re: affidavit of lost on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:19 pm


that's a good point about the file date.

however, the HR should not hold salary on that basis. if they refuse, then the proper remedy is to file a complaint at nlrc.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum