Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change name of child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Change name of child on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:23 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi, my husband and I are already separated (informally) and I was wondering if there is a way where I can change my child's birth certificate? I was planning on removing the father's name in the birth certificate and my child to use my name instead of the father's. This may be harsh but I don't want to have anything to do with my husband and I wouldn't want him to have access on the savings that I am putting up for my child. Thanks.

View user profile

2 Re: Change name of child on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:40 pm


no, this cannot be done. legit children are required to carry the surname of the father.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum