Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment marriage.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Annulment marriage. on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:28 pm


Arresto Menor

I am foreigner married with a filipina for 2 year and we have one child born here in Philippines we also live here, what happens to my permanent immigrant visas if annulment of our marriage?
No one here who can give me answers??

Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Annulment marriage. on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:27 pm


Prision Correccional
During those 2 years period of your married and living in the Philippines as you mentioned you have a permanent visa, right? which only means If you were given a permanent visa that gives you right to live and work in the Philippines. Permament immigrant visa is equivalent to green card in America or Indefinite Leave to Remain status visa in United Kingdom. So, even if your marriage is annuled you have right to live, even you are no longer married to her. I hope you get your child a dual passport! Wink

View user profile

3 Re: Annulment marriage. on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:21 am


Arresto Menor
Hi,thank's for your answer...... but my permanent visa was given to me under SEC. 13(A) The wife or the husband or the unmarried child under twenty-one years of age of a Philippine citizen, if accompanying or following to join such citizen.

Checklist of Requirements for Conversion to Non-Quota Immigrant by Marriage Under Section 13(a)
1.Request Letter from the petitioner with a statement that all documents submitted were legally obtained from the corresponding government agencies;
2.Duly accomplished and notarized Consolidated General Application Form (BI Form No. RADJR-2012-01);
3.Original copy of NSO issued Birth Certificate of the Filipino Spouse;
4.Original copy of NSO issued Marriage Contract or if the marriage was solemnized abroad, the Original copy of the Marriage Contract Authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in or nearest the place where the marriage was solemnized, with English translation if written in other foreign language;
5.Photocopy of applicant's Passport (bio-page, admission and authorized stay of at least twenty (20) days from date of filing);

6.Original Copy of Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate.
7.Joint Affidavit of applicant and petitioner attesting to the authenticity and genuineness of all documents submitted in support of the application;
8.Proofs of financial capacity of applicant and/or petitioner during their permanent residence in the Philippines.

Do you still think they will let me keep my visa??
Yes my son has dual citizenship and will have Norwegian passports Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum