Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nasunog na TCT

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nasunog na TCT on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:02 am

razer

Arresto Menor
Greetings,

My father bought a house and lot in Paranaque from another person. A deed of sale was executed and the TCT was given to my father for his possession. Unfortunately, the TCT in possession of my father was gutted by fire. The TCT is still in the name of the seller.

What is the easiest way to have the title in my father's name?

Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Nasunog na TCT on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:34 am

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

there is no other way but to file a petition for lost title with the courts. in the process, you need to hire a lawyer. a lawyer who is your close friend or confidante is a big advantage.

if the deed of sale was also burned together with the owner's duplicate copy of the title (original copy in layman's term but actually this is a misnomer because there is only one original copy. the original copy is always kept by the register of deeds and not by the owner. the title in the owner's possession is actually called the owner's duplicate copy of the title), you need to go to the Regional Trial Court for a certified true copy of the said deed of sale.

View user profile

3 Re: Nasunog na TCT on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:37 am

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

in addition, if the deed of sale was executed a long time ago, you need to go to the national archives office and ask for :
1. a certification regarding the existence of the said deed of sale
2. a certified true copy of the deed of sale.

View user profile

4 Re: Nasunog na TCT on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:18 pm

adel.villafuerte

Arresto Mayor
Lost unregistered Deed of Sale is tantamount to NO DEED OF SALE executed at all. You need to talk to the Vendor for the re-execution of Deed of Sale, or if prior Deed of Sale is notarized but unregistered in the office of Registry of Deeds, proceed to the archives office of the clerk of court to secure certified copy of sale instrument.

In the absence of original title due to lost or fired, you need the attendance of counsel to file a PETITION FOR RECONSTITUTION OF LOST TITLE to be filed in the Regional Trial Court of the province wherein the property is situated.

View user profile

5 Re: Nasunog na TCT on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:03 pm

kolokoy7949

Prision Correccional
Reconstitution of Lost Owners Duplicate Title,pls. Check nyo po Section 109 of the Land Registration Act. Hope na Register nyo po yung Sale sa Register of Deeds.

View user profile

6 Re: Nasunog na TCT Today at 9:48 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum