Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Name Change of Child from Birth Certificate After Marriage of Parents

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor


I just want to ask if I can apply for the change of name of my son from his birth certificate after my marriage to my new wife.
I was separated 4 years ago from my first wife (still not annuled) and I met my second partner after a year of separation. My new partner and I had a child and was registered using his mother's surname (without middle name). I decided not to acknowledged my son for birth registration that time and not allowed to use my surname due to legal reasons since I am still married for my first wife.
I asked my first wife for annulment but she refused. I decided to embraced Islam to marry my new partner and to be with me here in abroad together with our son. Our marriage is considered legal as per Muslim Personal Law.
With this, is it possible to change the name of my Son using my surname? What are the legal process or procedures I will follow? How long will it take to change the name of my son from local civil registry to NSO?
Hope for your immediate response.


View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum