Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need advice (financial support for my son)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need advice (financial support for my son) on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 am


Arresto Menor
Hello Attorney,

Good day.

I would like to ask for an advice on what I should do. I have a 10 year old son. The father is my long time boyfriend since highschool and college. When I got pregnant at the age of 18, my parents did not allow us to get married since we were both very young and doesn't want us to communicate anymore. I followed their decision for my own good and with my parents' help, I raised my son alone and I was able to go back to school. The father of my son never supported us nor contacted us. Last year, I was able to communicate with him through the help of a common friend. I learned that he's already married with two kids now and they're all living in U.A.E. He and his wife are both working there. I also have a job but since my son is in school, my earnings are not enough to cover all expenses especially that we are renting, so I asked support from him. I am not asking too much since I understand that he has a new born baby. I told him whatever amount that you can give to support our son that would be fine with me. He told me that he will give. I just need to give him enough time since he is not earning that much. (as if the 10 years timeframe I gave him is not yet enough!) but I said yes. That conversation was around June of 2012. Now, it's already 2013 and still no word from him. He knows my mobile number and I have been sending him facebook messages but he is definitely ignoring me. He told me before that his wife also knows about me and my son. Please let me know what I need to do, should I file a case against him? He is working in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates so I'm not sure what steps I should take..I apreciate whatever help and advice you can give. More power and Godbless! Thanks! Smile

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum