Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My father's hiding his wealth from us for his 2nd family

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
My mom left my dad in 1991/92 because my dad was physically hurting us as means of discipline. They're legally married. My dad didn't support us in any financial way nor didn't contact us after my mom tried getting support. My mom's family supported us with education and everyday needs 'til we're able to stand on our own. He now has a 2nd family with 2 kids. He suddenly appears out of the blue and gives us a house and lot. We've learned that he's now here in Metro Manila, living the life and hiding from us because he's afraid of our legal rights, if there's any, to his wealth. What can we/my mom do so we could get what is rightfully ours? I have a contact from a relative, father side and is willing to provide information. He told me that me and my family(mom and 2 siblings) are being mocked by them and papa's hiding roughly a hundred million. We're thinking of surprising him as they're thinking of transferring his wealth to his 2nd wife and other relatives. Not to mention all of my dad's and his 2nd wife's relatives are protecting them from us. Please help us. I don't know where to start and is very willing to be in touch with a lawyer for what can be done.

View user profile

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
joshgaleno wrote:They're legally married.

Take hold on to this, specially their marriage contract. This will serve as an evidence sooner or later.

joshgaleno wrote:
We're thinking of surprising him as they're thinking of transferring his wealth to his 2nd wife and other relatives.

Wealth in terms of real property, can be transferred only thru deed of donation or deed of sale. In both cases, your mother's signature is a mandatory requisite to transfer it. Assuming that your father transfer it thru falsified signature of your mother, then you can question that transfer in court, by filing a petition for cancellation of such deed.

Wealth in terms of personal property like monies, can be transferred anytime, so to pre-empt this, just file a petition for support in order that your father will be obliged to give support to your mother. You cannot obliged your father to give to you or to your mother the whole amount, unless and until your father died, wherein, by operation of law, you and your mother will inherit ALL the properties of your father, including that alleged huge sum of money.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Is there a way to bookmark this thread?
I am in the same situation only that it does not involved hundreds of millions.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum