Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to file for annulement for outside the philippines.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rogue96

Arresto Menor
I am US citizen married to filipina. she left for the philippine and cut off all communications. she listen to her sister and abandon our marriage. we were married in philippines. i want to file for annulement. so i can move on. I did manage to track her location under new or false identy in south of france. its just to bad i cant sue her. any help is good, attorney email would be better.

View user profile

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
rogue96 wrote:I am US citizen married to filipina. she left for the philippine and cut off all communications. she listen to her sister and abandon our marriage. we were married in philippines. i want to file for annulement. so i can move on. I did manage to track her location under new or false identy in south of france. its just to bad i cant sue her. any help is good, attorney email would be better.

Since you are a US citizen, it is better for you to file a divorce rather than to file an annulment or nullity of marriage here in the philippines. IT took years to finish that case here in the philippines, unlike a case for divorce, months perhaps will do in your place.

The effect of that Divorce that you will file soon, is recognizable here in the Philippines, likewise, it terminates your marriage bond.

After you obtained that divorce decree, you can now FREELY marry another person, also, your Filipina spouse can re-marry.

The bottom line is that, that divorce decree is in effect an annulment of marriage.

View user profile

3 FOLLOW UP on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:16 am

angel26

Arresto Menor
HI I READ UR ANSWER AND I COULDNT HELP BUT WONDER..I AM MARRIED ALSO TO A FOREIGNER(NEPAL) HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES..HE LEFT LAST YEAR AND I HEARD GETTING MARRIED SOON WITHOUT DIVORCE OR ANNULMENTOF OUR MARRIAGE.CAN I SUE HIM?I DIDNT KNOW THAT A HUSBAND/WIFE OF FOREIGN NATIONALITY CAN FILE A DIVORCE FROM HIS/HER COUNTRY EVEN IF THE MARRIAGE TOOK PLACE HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES/CAN U PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ON THIS TOPIC A LITTLE BIT MORE?THANK U AND I APPRECIATE THAT U GUYS ARE TAKING UR TIME ASSISTING PEOPLE WHO NEEDS HELP AND SEEK ADVICE.

View user profile

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
its kind of difficult situation as he is married to you in Philippines and presumably he is married in Nepal to his own people right? therefore he is still single in his country when he marries his other wife. Try to make some inquiries at his embassy.

http://www.embassypages.com/missions/embassy8819/
Nepalese Consulate General in Manila, the Philippines
5th Floor, Attenaeum Building
160 Leviste Street, Salcedo Village
Makati City
Metro Manila
Philippines
Telephone (+63) 2-816 2466 to 70
Telefax (+63) 2-817-2543
E-mail jmzulueta@wardhowell.com.ph
Website
Office Hours 09.00-12.00 and 14.00-17.00
Head of Mission Mr Jesus M Zulueta Jr., Consul General

Make sure you have all your documents to support your claim. If you are lucky they may listen to you if not! they may just ignore you as it is out of their jurisdiction.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum