Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filing unlawful detainer while execution for barangay agreement case is stil ongoing

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor
Good Day!

I currently have a pending case in the courts for the execution of a barangay agreement for a tenant in an apartment that I own. 3 years ago, her contract expired and she wanted to stay and pay rent until she finds a new apartment. I agreed but after 4 months, she refused to vacate. We went to the barangay and it was agreed upon that she vacate the premises after 3 months. Unfortunately , she still doesn't want to go and said that she repudiated the agreement (considering that we have a certification from the barangay). We filed a case in the lower courts for the execution of the barangay agreement and it has been ongoing since then. Meanwhile, she's still staying in the apartment for almost 2 years and has been paying rent. Unfortunately , she hasn't paid rent for almost 4 months already and says that she'll pay on March. If I file a case for unlawful detainer , will it get thrown out due to forum shopping / litis pendencia?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum