Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 PARENTAL AUTHORITY on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:31 pm


Arresto Menor
This would be in to a previous topic I posted a few days ago "LEGAL ADVICE" . If in the event that the father of my child cannot be found/ reached/ contacted by all means, what can I do to get a legal document that I have full parental authority of my son whose bearing his father's name that I can submit for the visa application.

Since the father of my son have not been in contact since we separated 2 years ago and did not provide any support, is that already considered as abandonment?

Please help. Really need your replies. Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: PARENTAL AUTHORITY on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:05 am


if under philippine law, all you need to show is his birth certificate showing that he is an illegit child. as per our Family Code, you have sole parental authority

but for foreign countries, best to ask them what document they want.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum